Pillar of Fire House

Address105 Market St., Morrison 80465
QuadMorrison, 1965 (1994)
SectionS35, T4S, R70W
Elevationc. 5750
SourceSite Form, Lorene Horton, Morrison Historical Committee of the Jefferson County Historical Society, Hiwan Homestead Museum Library
Initialdate1998-07-16 00:00:00-06
HistoryThis house was built c. 1880. One of its inhabitants was Charles Pike, who claimed to be a cousin of Zebulon Pike, the leader of the 1804 exploratory expedition that traveled up to the headwaters of the Arkansas. Pike was a Morrison merchant and its mayor once. In 1921, the house was purchased by the Pillar of Fire Church.