Pine Grove Railroad Station Depot


AddressOn Cty. Rd. 126, Pine, 80440
QuadPine, 1965 (1985)
SectionS27, T7S, R71W
Elevation6754
Source"Buffalo Beginnings," pp. 52-53.
Initialdate1992-04-02 00:00:00-07
PersonDWL
Latestdate1995-01-20 00:00:00-07
Person2DWL
HistoryThis was the first coaling station west of Denver on the Colorado & Southern Railroad and a base for several helper engines and crews. It was destroyed by fire early in the 20th century and rebuilt. The station was discontinued in April 1937 when the line was discontinued and later became a residence.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive