Pine Junction

AddressHwy. 285, S. of Shaffer's Crossing
QuadBailey, 1987
SectionS1 & 2, T7S, R72W
SourceWarren, Harold, "Bits and Pieces of History," 1994.
OtherPine Grove School
Initialdate1995-01-20 00:00:00-07
Latestdate1998-07-25 00:00:00-06
HistoryThis landmark was originally called Pine Grove. A ranch with the same name was located in the vicinity of an old toll road and extended a short distance down Pine Grove Gulch (or Pine Gulch, now County Road #126). A school was built here in 1868 on hand-hewn logs which were removed in 1924. Highway 285 now runs over this old site. The present name was entered on the map after the highway was completed.