|Address||Mouth of Chimney Gulch, 1/2 mile from Golden|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1994)|
|Source||"WPA History of Golden, Jefferson County, Colorado," WPA Project # 3542, DAR Pioneer Museum, Feb 18, 1882, p. 467.; Corbet, "The Colorado of Mines," 1874, p. 264, CHS|
|History||1879- Owned by John Nichols. Located at the mouth of Chimney Gulch, 1/2 mile from Golden. The vein is eight inches in width, trends north and south, and pitches 17 degrees west. The shaft is 200 feet deep and four entries aggregating 2000 feet in length. On the surface is an engine house 18 feet by 32 feet, containing a 16 horsepower engine, one steam pump, and an hoisting apparatus. Yield 80 tons daily.
Feb 1882, fire destroyed the engine room and a portion of fixtures. Damage estimated at 15,000 dollars.|