Prosser House

AddressOff Cty. Rd. 126, 6 mi. S.W. of Hwy. 285, Pine
QuadPine, 1965 (1985)
SectionS27, T7S, R71W
SourceCrain, "A Circle of Pioneers".
Initialdate1994-05-09 00:00:00-06
Latestdate2012-12-10 00:00:00-07
HistoryIt was built as a hotel at the turn of the century by W.M. Prosser and wife who came from New York City to accommodate railroad workers, passengers, tourists and visitors from as far away as Illinois and Tennessee. Family members Myrtle Prosser Williams and husband occupied it as recently as the late 1950s. When the narrow-gauge railroad line was discontinued in 1939, the hotel lost most of its business. It is now a private residence.