|History||Ralston Cemetery was named because it was located near Ralston Crossing. The first burials in the cemetery were the triplets born to S.S. and M.J. Osborn on October 2, 1869. Ira died the day he was born, Ida died six days later on October 8, 1869, and Charles W. died on December 17, 1869. As expected, this cemetery was also referred to as the Osborn Hill Cemetery. A quit claim deed was given by Mary Ann Broad on May 17, 1902, and recorded on September 6, 1902, for a tract of land of 2.82 acres to be used as a community cemetery. The land's legal description is oval shaped on a knoll that can be seen from Eldridge Street or West Sixty-fourth Avenue. Trustees for the cemetery were William C. Carroll, Torrence White, and Joseph A. Newcomb. A wagon road, 16 feet wide, leading from the county road to the burial site was included with the order that the land area was to be used "for burial purposes only and never to be used for any other purpose."
Early in the 1990s, the surrounding area was being developed into a subdivision. Dennis Bowman, Barbera and Jim Tracy were instrumental in having the City of Arvada preserve and maintain the Ralston Cemetery. The dedication was held June 29, 1996. Mayor Bob Frie participated by giving the history of the area. Ralston Cemetery was added to the State Register of Historic Places.|