Riverview


Address1 mi. downstream from Buffalo Creek on the N. fork of the S. Platte River
QuadPine, 1965 (1985)
SectionS31, T7S, R70W
Elevation6608
SourceInterviews, Hoffarth Family, Former Camp Managers, 1994.
Initialdate1993-10-26 00:00:00-06
PersonDWL
Latestdate1994-11-07 00:00:00-07
Person2DWL
HistoryA summer resort camp operating from 1922 to 1961 by the Hendrie & Bolthoff Manufacturing and Supply Co. of Denver for the use of employees. It closed as a summer resort in 1961 when the Gulf & Western Co. acquired it through diversifying. There was a stop on the Colorado & Southern Railroad with an open shelter station until 1937 when the railroad was discontinued.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive