Rocky Flats Plant – Building #774


AddressRocky Flats Environmental Technology Site, Hwy. 93, Golden 80402
QuadLouisville, 1965 (1979)
SectionS10, T2S, R70W
Elevationc. 6000
SourceHistoric Building Inventory Record #5JF1014.53, 1995, Colorado Historical Society.
Initialdate1998-12-20 00:00:00-07
PersonKER
HistoryDesigned and built by the Austin Co. of Cleveland, Ohio, in 1953, this structure is an irregular shaped concrete building with a flat roof. The major portion is one story, with a two-story windowless wing extending south. One of the original buildings at the site, this was the first liquid waste treatment facility. In 1966, an evaporator was added. By 1970, the plant had grown too fast and more waste treatment capacity was needed, so Building #374 was built.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive