Russell/Graves House


Address5605 Yukon St., Arvada, 80002
QuadArvada, 1965 (1980)
SectionS11, T3S, R69W
Elevation5237
SourceJefferson County Clerk & Recorder, Warranty Deed, Book 93, p. 364; Book 120, p. 184; Book 162, p. 91; Interview, Bernie Burgmeier, Realtor.
Initialdate1994-06-07 00:00:00-06
PersonMRL
Latestdate2012-12-17 00:00:00-07
Person2REL
HistoryThe Russell/Graves house was built in 1899, probably by Mr. Nicholls, Arvada Lumber Mill owner. It is a transitional style home, combining late Victorian period with the bungalow architecture. Estelle Russell, wife of Dr. Richard Russell, purchased the house in 1916. Dr. Richard Russell was elected first mayor of Arvada, serving 1904-1905, 1908-1909, and 1917-1923. This house was sold to Charles W. Graves in 1923. The Graves sold it to George Wendt, a pharmacist, 1943-1960. Ivan and Sally Gunderman purchased it in 1980 and placed it on the National Register of Historic Places, May 9, 1983 (5JF283).
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive