Sawyer, William House

Address109 Mill St., Morrison, 80465
QuadMorrison, 1965 (1980)
SectionS35, T4S, R70W
SourceMorrison Historical Guide - research by Lorene Horton, 1975.
Initialdate1996-01-06 00:00:00-07
HistoryBuilt ca. 1880. Mr. Sawyer's wife Mary B. and daughter Minnie lived there until Mary B.'s death in the late 1970s. Minnie is in the Bear Creek Nursing Home, but the house is still her residence. William Sawyer was a Justice of the Peace, drove a stage coach, and worked in the Rooney Coal Mine. Mary worked at the Morrison Post Office and at J.B. Walker's Pavilion.