Semper Post Office


Address93rd Ave. & Wadsworth Blvd., Semper
QuadArvada, 1950
SectionS23, T2S, R69W
Elevation5441
SourceArvada Historical Society, "More Than Gold," pp. 98-99; National Register of Appointments, No. 28, National Archives, Washington, D.C.
OtherSemper
Initialdate1992-02-18 00:00:00-07
PersonMRL
Latestdate1994-08-12 00:00:00-06
Person2Keek
HistoryDenver Utah and Pacific Railroad left mail off at the Semper Post Office on Dec. 28, 1882, after the post office was named, established and registered in Washington, D. C. The community and the post office was named for Charles S. Semper. The post office was discontinued on Aug. 31, 1900, was replaced by Rural Free Delivery and the post office was moved to Broomfield. Mrs. Julia Semper was the first postmistress and served until June 13, l889. Charles T. Harvey served from 1889-1895, and John Church was postmaster from 1895-1900.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive