Seventh Day Adventist Church


Address810 Washington Ave., Golden, 80401
QuadGolden, 1980
SectionS28, T3S, R70W
Elevation5600
SourceMelvin Swena, "First Annual Directory of the City of Golden, Colorado," p. 10.
Initialdate1992-03-02 00:00:00-07
PersonAAM
Latestdate2012-12-10 00:00:00-07
Person2REL
HistoryFirst meetings were held c. 1915 in one of the Renz buildings at Ford and 11th St. When the Renz building was sold, the congregation moved into the empty Christian Church on 10th St. (Golden High School was built on the site in 1923. Pastor Morris Landa built the church at 810 Washington Ave. c. 1922. It was a two-room brick building with the church in the front room and the church school in the back. On the advice of Elder Swena, the congregation bought two adjacent lots from the railroad. The lots and the church were sold to Chevron in 1958 when a new church was built on South Golden Road.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive