South Side Ditch


AddressS. of W. 44th Ave., E. of Tabor St., Wheat Ridge
QuadGolden, 1965 (1994)
SectionS21, T3S, R69W
Elevationc. 5400
SourceArapahoe County District Court, Div. II Proceedings, Oct. 4, 1884; State Engineer, "Water Rights Report," June 1989, p. 390; Gelder, "1915 Map of Denver and Surroundings."
Initialdate1993-04-20 00:00:00-06
PersonOFS
Latestdate1994-08-12 00:00:00-06
Person2OFS
HistoryLocated in Water District #7, the South Side Ditch's priority was dated from May 16, 1860. One-half of the water was later transferred to the Farmers High Line Canal. 1884 claimants were J.A. Lewis and Jacob H. Brown, early area property owners. The ditch is shown on a c. 1900 map, once used in the old Jefferson County Courthouse.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive