Stone House


AddressOff S. Wadsworth, S. of Lakewood
QuadFort Logan, 1965
SourceDirectory of State Register Places, 1997, Colorado Historical Society.Wilcox, Patricia K., "76 Centennial Stories of Lakewood, Colorado,"1976 p.34-35.
SeealsoRiver Rock House
Initialdate1999-01-11 00:00:00-07
PersonKER
Latestdate2012-12-17 00:00:00-07
Person2REL
HistoryThis c. 1860 stone farmhouse near Bear Creek was built by Joseph Hodgson. Built of stones from Bear Creek, it features oversized windows and door frames of rough dressed sand stone quarried from the nearby hogback. Original holder of the land deed was Filormero Mondragon, who enlisted in New Mexico Territory's volunteer forces in 1848 to fight in the Navajo wars. The 1/2 story side gabled house with a shed extension features sandstone quoins at its corners. The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on May 1, 1975 (5JF.186).
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive