Streer/Peterson House

AddressLakewood Heritage Center
QuadFort Logan, 1965 (1994)
SectionS14, T4S, R69W
SourceJefferson County Historical Commission, "Jefferson County National Register Historic Sites"
Initialdate1999-03-31 00:00:00-07
Latestdate1999-05-17 00:00:00-06
HistoryBuilt in 1880, this two-story, cross gabled frame house with its gingerbread-style cornice was originally constructed in Bear Creek Valley. Throughout the late 19th and early 20th centuries it was known as Avondale Farm, the Cycler Farm, the Morrison Farm Dairy, and the Kendalvue Balanced Farm. Arthur and Edna Peterson purchased the property in 1940 and farmed it until it was acquired by the Bear Creek Lake Project in 1974. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on September 10, 1981. It was moved to Belmar Park, now Lakewood Heritage Center, in 1986.