Swiss Cottage

Address132 Spring St., Morrison, 80465
QuadMorrison, 1965 (1980)
SectionS35, T4S, R70W
SourceMorrison Historical Guide - research by Lorene Horton, 1975.
Initialdate1996-01-03 00:00:00-07
Latestdate1997-04-10 00:00:00-06
History1874. Built for Governor Evans of native sand stone by George Morrison, a Quebec stone mason who came to Colorado in 1850 with his family and settled in Mt. Vernon; he moved to Morrison in 1873. It has been billed as Swiss Cottage, The Evergreen House at Morrison, Morrison House, Loreli Park, Sacred Elizabeth Retreat, and Pine Haven Manor. It was demolished in ca. 1980 for a parking lot for the Bear Creek Nursing Home.