Urmston School


Address5 mi. S.W. of Conifer at Shaffers Crossing
QuadPine, 1965 (1985)
SectionS32, T6S, R71W
Elevationc. 8000
SourceMoynihan & Waters, "Mountain Memories," p. 150.
OtherUrmston
Initialdate1994-05-09 00:00:00-06
PersonDWL
Latestdate1995-01-20 00:00:00-07
Person2DWL
HistoryIt was built in 1886, south of Bradford Junction and operated until the Elk Creek School was built at Shaffers Crossing in the 1920s. In 1936 a new brick schoolhouse was built near the old location and grades 9 and 10 were added. This structure burned in 1951.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive