Wadsworth School


Address5650 Wadsworth Blvd., Arvada, 80002
QuadArvada, 1965
SectionS11, T3S, R69W
Elevation5330
SourceArvada Historical Society, "More Than Gold," pp. 101-105.
Initialdate1992-07-07 00:00:00-06
PersonMRL
Latestdate1994-08-17 00:00:00-06
Person2Keek
HistoryThe first Wadsworth School in District No. 2 was built c. 1869 This was a small frame building called a "cabin." By 1882 the cabin was too small and a new brick building on the same site was built. The children were sent to the Grange Hall for classes until the new school was built. These schools later became known as Wadsworth schools because Benjamin Franklin Wadsworth donated his property for these schools. The second school still stands and has been remodeled as a commercial building.
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive