|History||The Ben Webbers bought the Hunt Nursery in August of 1913. The property was originally homesteaded by John Clark in 1869. Clark had built a one and a half story log cabin and had started an apple orchard on the acreage. Both were still there when the Webbers purchased the property. The original cabin is a step lower than the rest of the house. It is now the location of the dining room and kitchen with a fireplace separating the two. When the first high school in Denver was razed, Ben Webber purchased the black and white marble flooring and laid it in the back entry way. The fireplace in the living room is finished with planking doric column, and the same ornate woodwork and columns are used on the outside of the house.
When the Windsor Hotel was razed, the basin from the Baby Doe suite was built into the bathroom. There was no electricity in the house until 1947 and no plumbing until 1962.|