|History||In September 1873, Reverend R.H. Rhoads, a licensed Methodist minister and skilled carpenter, completed the supervision of the construction of a new school on Prospect Avenue (West 38th Avenue). The small frame building became the community center, housing the library, the Lyceum, the Grange, and all public meetings.
On January 11, 1874, Reverend Rhoads organized a Methodist class of thirteen members that began meeting for the next ten years in the school. In 1880, David Brothers gave a one acre lot at 3303 Wadsworth Boulevard for a parsonage. the house erected on the lot still stood in 1997.
In 1883, Henry Lee gave a site for a church at 32nd Avenue and Wadsworth Boulevard. On November 16, 1884, the church was dedicated with the minister addressing the crowd with , "All are welcome, you do not have to be a member."
The frame building featured stained glass windows, a rear balcony, and a sound tunnel under the floor from the pulpit to the south side second row pew for the hearing impaired. In 1900, a large all-purpose room was built on the west side for youth classes and general activities. Wheat Ridge High School commencements were held at the church until they built their gymnasium and auditorium in 1919. This new school facility was used for the annual church bazaar and supper.
In 1930, the congregation moved to 38th Avenue and Wadsworth Boulevard and Sunday School rooms were added as the congregation grew. In 1960, the congregation moved to a larger building to the east at 7350 West 38th Avenue. The congregation had several successive name changes: Wheat Ridge Methodist Episcopal, Wheat Ridge Community Methodist, Wheat Ridge Methodist, and, finally, Wheat Ridge United Methodist.|