School Break Programs
Join us at Golden History Museum & Park when school is out! During these half-day school break programs for ages 6-12, participants will explore science, art, history and more while enjoying the unique setting of our history park, whether it is a visit to the chickens or cooking something in the historic Pearce/Helps Cabin.
Space is limited. Dates coincide with no-school days for Jeffco Public Schools.
Enchantments and Mysteries
October 20-21, 2022; 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
In preparation for Halloween, participants will explore the history behind this holiday through games and experiments; there might even be a little magic. Each day will feature a unique schedule; register for both days so you do not miss out. Limited to 20 participants per day.
November 21-22, 2022; 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Did you know that Jolly Rancher was started in Golden, Colorado, or that Coors made pottery and malted milk for candy bars? Over two days, participants will experiment with mixing and matching materials and ingredients. Each day will feature a unique schedule; register for both days so you do not miss out. Limited to 20 participants per day.
Pricing (per day)
• Member*: $35
• Non-member: $45
* Member prices require a current Household membership or higher.
• Registration will open to members on August 1, 2022, at 9 a.m. MST.
• Registration will open to non-members on August 22, 2022.
Registration will take place through Active, the museum’s registration software. The link will be published on August 22, 2022, for the general public.
Refund / Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations must be received one week (7 days) prior to the start of a registered session by 4:00 p.m. to receive a refund minus a $5.00 processing fee.
- No refund will be given for cancellation requests made within one week prior to the start of a registered session.
- Should the Golden History Museum & Park cancel a break camp session, participants will receive a full refund.