Permanent Collection

 

 

 

 

 

Permanent Collection

In 1938, the citizens of Golden began officially gathering, exhibiting, and preserving the town’s history by establishing a permanent collection. Today, GHM continues to take this responsibility very seriously, documenting the unfolding history of Golden’s people, places, and things. Naturally, it follows that collections management is fundamental to the work we do.

Our collection comes in all shapes and sizes and includes paper archives, photographs, furniture, clothing, ceramics, musical instruments, tools, you name it. We even have buildings in our collection (Astor House, Guy Hill Schoolhouse, and Pearce/Helps cabin, to name a few). Golden History Museum cares for a permanent collection that numbers over 15,000 items and continues to grow.

Learn more about:



Subscribe

Completed Conservation Projects

38-star Koenig American flag

Read the story of the flag on the GHM blog.

permanent collection includes 38-star Koenig American flag

Philco console television

See this restored beauty in the Epic Events exhibit at Golden History Center. More details coming soon.

Jefferson County Jail Register

Read the story. See more images.

Permanent collection

Golden City Map

Read the story. See more images.

Permanent Collection

Willits Farm Map

Read the brief details.

willits 600px

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This